Why do I keep giving in like this?

Because I'm lazy...

Because I have to use a modem to update my old site rather than the broadband connection.

Because everyone's doing it.

This is why I have gone back on everything I've always said and decided to get a blog...I don't even like the word "blog". Its an awful portmanteau much like all the ones created by meeja types who sit around in their comfy offices, drinking expensive coffee, talking about last night's episode of Lost or perhaps the new Kaiser Chefs [sic(k)] mp3's that they've downloaded to their ipod.

Unfortunately for me, the more vitriol I spill in the direction of the residents of Hoxton and the like, the more I realise that living in London is turning me into what I spend hours slating (to hilarious effect...of course). There was a time when I hated mobiles and mp3 players, a time when I'd rather sit indoors on my own all weekend rather than going out to nightclubs because the noise and the people would just turn my stomach. There was even a point where I couldn't see the point of the internet and yet now I can't quite imagine how I got along without any of these things (apart from the nightclubs). Even if I close my eyes and think hard, I can't quite remember just how I managed to meet people at the right place, at the right time without the assistance of a mobile phone to receive directions/apologise for lateness.

I suppose what I'm really trying to do is somehow justify another instance of doing the exact opposite to what I swore I'd never do...or perhaps I'm just trying to appear deeper than a puddle in a drought and offer up my thoughts on progress...either way I need to create some kind of introduction to my thought process.

Ah well, I'll still never buy an ipod or listen to the Kaiser Chiefs...

Comments

laurence said…
sellout...
sadbaby said…
is this the 3D london underground map? love it!

:)

Popular Posts