Things you don't want to find when you get home

Things you don't want to find when you get home:

No. 37: A dead fox on your doorstep complete with 'last moments' leakage.


Its funny when it happens to other people; when it happens to you its just mortifying. I still can't decide whether or not it's heartbreaking that it crawled up the concrete steps just so it could have its last few moments in the semi-warm stairwell outside ours and our neighbours front doors rather than shivering its way into the afterlife in the garden where the foxes usually play. It would have saved me buying bleach and a scrubbing brush if it had done though.

On a lighter note, I saw one of the new fox cubs pouncing around the garden over the weekend, and in a fit of soft-headedness I took a picture and let out an involuntary "aww" even though there was no-one around to hear me (thank fuck). Incidentally, thats not my picture there; I deleted mine because the zoom wasn't powerful enough to pick up the little cub as more than a blur of orange and white pixels...but doesn't it just make you want to go "aww" as well?

So yeah...foxes; they're cute until they start shrieking when you want to sleep, or die on your welcome mat.

Comments

laurence said…
http://images.google.ca/images?q=fennec+fox&hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=NsV&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

Popular Posts