The Evolution of Ideas

I was thinking earlier today about how ideas evolve from one thing to the next while I was working on the first brand new bit of artwork I've done in ages. With the exception of the blob photo, nothing on here is under a year old because I hardly ever finish anything once I get started. So yes, evolution; I never would have thought that something I'd thought about years ago as possibly being an educational tool, would turn into the 3d tube map, which is possibly the only great idea I'll have (hopefully not), and which is still in a state of not being any where near what I wanted it to be.

When I was doing A-Level art I found it hard to think beyond the original idea of what I wanted a piece to look like. I had one vision, my teacher had another, and I reluctantly took his ideas on board without much enthusiasm. If I could repeat A-Level art, I'd have done a lot more exciting things than I did back then and I probably would have mouthed off a lot more knowing my current level of bluntness.






My end point is really that I never would have imagined that a doodle I did in an economics class when I was 18 would turn into such a source of inspiration.

Obviously, this one is nowhere near finished...I only started at 9pm last night, but it feels good to know that the lessons I learned in school are starting to sink in and yield results.

Comments

Popular Posts